First I have to point out that this is the first bump pic I had to take in under 50 degree weather. I never thought I would make it until mid January in Indiana with weather luck like that! I figured I would be freezing my bump and bum off by November for sure. And in case you were wondering it was 24 degrees when I took this picture, so officially cold! In fact, poor Knuckles was shaking because the last thing he wanted to do was sit his bare bottom in the snow.
Last weekend I spent all Sunday organizing the nursery. After my 4th and final shower I had lots of clothes to fold (that still need washed), gifts to sort and toys to put away. The dogs had zero interest in what I was doing and would hang out in the living room – that is until the slightest toy jangle would catch their ear and then they would storm in, ears perked and tails wagging. They cannot figure out why all these fluffy, noisy toys are making there way into our house and yet they don’t have permission to play. That’s why this week I had to get a picture of Knuckles with the squeaky baseball toy. I’m going to have a big challenge on my hands once I actually want the toys on the floor for Parker to play with. And an even bigger challenge when Parker thinks its hilarious to give the dogs his toys. Oh well, maybe i shouldn’t even try to contain them, shared slobber never hurt anyone right?
In baby news I thought I’d share a list of 10 things I’m grateful for at 36wks:
1. Sleeping peacefully through the night. That pregnancy pillow was worth every penny!
2. Still going to the bathroom the same number of times as pre-pregnancy (which I’m sure has also helped with #1)
3. No Braxton Hicks…or real contractions for that matter yet (I’m still content with him waiting another couple weeks!)
4. Visits to my chiropractor. Seriously this guy is a lifesaver!
5. No signs of stretch marks or swelling feet/fingers
6. A belly button that has decided to stay an innie
7. Finally picking a pediatrician
8. Sewing my own crib skirt (more on that during a nursery update soon)
9. Listening to Parker’s strong and steady heartbeat at my weekly doc appointment
10. Eric continuing to stay sane as he deals with my ever growing to-do list and compulsive baby clothes shopping